“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The RED really brings out my blue eyes....don'tcha think?

This is me. Or rather, my eyes. I was unfortunate enough to get pink eye from a relative that I shall keep unnamed (cough, cough, AIMEE) while we were at Ft. Stevens.

It hurts. My eyes feel like I have nasty, gritty sand paper in them. They are RED. Not just pink, but R-E-D, RED. Not to sound like a whiner, but THEY HURT!!!!

I've not had pink eye since I was a kid. AND, to make matters worse, we've been painting and cleaning the "new" house all week and we're starting to move stuff over tomorrow....!

In the mean time, I'm buying stock in Lysol and disinfecting everything that I come in contact with. My hands feel as though I've boiled them, because, I've been acting like a 5 year old, and not been able to resist the urge to rub my eyes, (which DOESN'T make it feel better - yet I can't seem to STOP!) and I have to wash them right away - lest Matthew or Joshua get this awful, awful condition.

Who knew I was a 32 year old baby??? Yuck.

On the bright side, the red really makes my blue eyes POP, dontcha think??? (HAAAA!)

2 comments:

Stephanie McBride said...

OUCH ! sorry to hear, that has got to be miserable.
happy to hear you are getting closer to moving in. ill be checking in to see when you are in .

Chris and Laurie said...

Sorry to hear that... I hope you have lots of help moving... I hope you get better fast...