“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, July 2, 2007

Matt, the Artist

This is Matt. Matt is an artist, or so he thinks.

I was checking my e-mails this morning - writing back to some friends and the family members who'd wished us well and also seen the pics from our Sealing....remembering those feelings, that were still so fresh in my mind....I was feeling love in my heart for all mankind, I heard the birds chirping, the sun I could see was out, the house was quiet, the kids were in the office with me...being quiet....Wait a second...the kids are QUIET?!?? I turn very quickly to see Matt sitting on the steps of the office entry, DRAWING on his face....Josh was propped up drooling happily on a hankie, smiling at his brother, watching him drawing on his face as well.

That promptly burst my little bubble. This is PERMANENT marker. I now hear sounds of the bathtub running and my little boy cursing my name in baby-gibberish for taking away his marker....as I'm now starting to collect washcloths, baby soap and toys to occupy him while I try to gently scrub it off his face....!

1 comments:

S and D said...

must be a boy thing...Hunter did the same thing a few months ago. I found out a little dab of peroxide on a cotton ball cleans it right off.

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l275/tinlizzie2005/?action=view¤t=04_11_07_1928.jpg