I've finally sat down at the computer, and the earth and her elements all aligned....
*Kids sitting still.
*Time...
*CF Card & the Computer...all to myself... ;)
All the pictures, I've promised I'd taken...are now for your viewing pleasure....Starting with the first day of school for the boys in September. :)
Lucky for me, my kids roll with the punches...which includes living with Grandma & Chrissy...and adjusting their "schedules" to a new afternoon pre-school. They've graduated from the Developmental group to the Socialization group. :) That's big.
Waiting for the bus...
Even when it includes waiting in the cul-de-sac in the rain. ;)
Joshy and his big grin...I love this boy-o!
Matty...what a big helper he's becoming! So good! So kind! Almost semi-responsible!! ;)
Then later on in September, the Hunky Hubby turned 33. *Drat!* Every year I hope he'll surpass me in age....! (lol)
The boys were so excited to give him his present (3 trucks for them ALL to play with!)
Picture of the cake I made...with the boys...from scratch. The boys helped me decorate...lets just say...not one of my finer pieces...but, hey...the memories we made were worth it!
For those that don't know...I call Stann "Aquaman" - because he's part fish. I have since we started dating (almost 12!) years ago. It all started with a YSA Raft Trip down the Deschutes....the rest is history. ;)
Then, on to Matt's first birthday party - that included friends. We did it at the church, since there's just no room at Grandma's...and we had a fairly big turn out.
It was a "Bob the Builder" theme....if you couldn't guess. Nothing quite like drawing a likeness of Bob at 11pm the night before.... ;)
Explanation....the patch of "white" - I ran out of marker. We tried filling in with pencil...note to self: doesn't work the same. And I woke up that morning...Joshy had cut the picture in half, trying to cut "Bob" out.
He's soooo helpful like that. ;)
So, Stann came up with the concept for the party - we dressed in our toolbelts...he organized the whole thing...he called himself "Big Boss Stann" and our sweet boy was "Foreman Matt". The story was:
Big Bird from Sesame Street called Big Boss Stann and told him, that this winter was going to be really hard...and there were a lot of birds that needed homes for the winter. Would Big Boss Stann mind building a few birdhouses for Big Bird's friends? Would he mind painting them and giving them to some friends so they could help take care of the birds this winter?
I love my Hunky Hubby. :) He's so stinkin' ingenious. Cute, too. Did I mention cute?! And so willing to sacrifice and use his talents! He made EIGHTEEN (18!!!) birdhouses for cousins, friends and family to paint....He's so amazing!!!
The kids really liked the idea....cousins came, and 3 friends from church. :)
Matthew is soooo in the zone. And, of course, his birdhouse is blue. :) It's the only color he likes. ;)
And the party would not have been a success without the parents and helpers! Three cheers for Grandma, Chrissy, Stann, Curt & Mindy! Hip-Hip-Hooray!
After the birdhouses were done being painted....we had pizza and did more games. Just a quick little picture, after the games...CUPCAKES! It was totally worth staying up until 2 am, just to see my little guy smile at Banana and "Banilla" cupcakes, with blue frosting. ;)
And....its so hard to keep to a budget on a birthday party! Let alone finding the "right" stuff for a "themed" birthday party - there was NO inexpensive Bob the Builder stuff. So I made my own decorations...printing out the pictures of the characters on the show that were Matt's favorites - onto cardstock, taping them onto a toothpick and inserting them into the cupcake.
I have Martha Stewart ambitions on a frugal-lady budget. ;)
So...recap...birthday...a success!
Halloween....at the ward party. Really good. :) The committee did a wonderful job setting everything up. My chili didn't place in the competition...but I had a wonderful time making 3 dozen+ cupcakes...2 dozen cornbread muffins and that doubled batch of chili...and amazingly enough I didn't freak out too badly on my kids in the process. ;)
Joshy pumpkin bowling....Matty racing Makenna in the donut eating contest. Makenna won, I believe. ;)
Halloween night....with the cousins...in their costumes. :) They were all such awesome troopers. We had a good nite with all those munchkins!
Joshy "the Wolverine", Emily "Taylor Swift's Juliet", Nathan "Batman", Ryan "Storm Trooper", Matty "Captain America" and Katelynn "the Bumble Bee".
And last...but certainly NOT least.....my favorite time of year...Time out for Women. And look at the cute bags we got this year!!!! Oh my cuteness!
I have such good friends....have I said that?! Six of us carpooled down together...We had a blast Friday and Saturday together. :)
Backrow: Sheri, Wendy #1, ME, Melanie
Front-n-center: Mindy, Selena, Carrie (all the way from Texas, ya'all...!), Kelly & Wendy #2.
Such good speakers...! But I'll blog on those later....
And my last but fave pic....Me and the M's....Melanie & Mindy. :) I think I just named us...(ha, ha!) we sound like a 50's group that could burst into song at any time.... ;)
When I think back on the past few months...the trials, the hardships....I only remember THESE awesome times. :) I am so very blessed!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love your positive attitude that you always have. You did an amazing job on the party! The boys look so cute in their superhero costumes with the fake muscles. So glad we got to go to Time Out again love having the chance to spend some time with you.
FUN FUN FUN!!! You're such a good mommy! And did you notice in our group shot... COLOR COORDINATED!!!
You've been busy! You are such a good mommy to do such a fun party :) I am glad that we got to go to time out together...we don't get to hang out just girls too often!
Post a Comment