“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Has anyone seen this before?!!?!?

Okay. I'm a really lame blogger. I admit. I embrace it. But I am also a blogger that is half-way through her book (writing it!) and hoping to finish it in time for a writing conference in April that I am currently trying to sweet talk my sweet hubby into letting me attend. :) LOL We'll see if my powers of persuasion extend to beyond the written word... ;)

Anyways...so, while I was down with the nastiness that was a major 2 day head cold - Joshua came down with the same gunk. Like SERIOUS gunk. So serious, it triggered his asthma, pulled an abdominal muscle and he threw up twice from the force of his cough and the phlegm. *yuck!*

So - with all the craziness of sickness and such, we had to make a doctors appointment. AND....because of the crazy economy and my lack of pride when it concerns the health or safety of my children.....we dropped our health insurance, but got the kids accepted on OHP's Healthy Kids program which keeps them insured so I don't have to worry about them too much. (It is also one less expense that I have to worry about while we try and get our bearings in this "NEW" economy...but again...another grumble/gripe that I can vent on later) Which.... unfortunately.... meant that we had to switch doctors. {GULP}

This itself was a nightmare experience....which, I won't post about....it was entirely too traumatic, but needless to say, the "close" doctor that's available (there were 2 in Gresham), we won't be going to. So we have to drive 45 minutes (near Gateway) to the next available doctor.

So...we by some miracle got into the doctors office yesterday. It's a month out for new patient appointments. I had Kathie with me (I love my MIL....she was able to go last minute...THANK YOU!) and she was entertaining the grouch that is currently my son Josh, while I filled out the New Patient paperwork.

THIS is where I pose the question now. HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS BEFORE?! Or am I showing my hillbilly roots - my small town chick mindset - because, there, right after the "Name" line was the "Gender" box. And I was confused.

Really confused.

Instead of 2 options - "male" and "female" there were the following other options.

Male __ Female__ M to F___ F to M____ Other___

Ummm....? Huh?!

Then my blonde little brain clicked into gear and realized they meant "Male to Female" and "Female to Male", but was still stumped by the "Other".

My poor little brain went into overload. This was my first exposure to transgender application. And I want to know....has anyone else seen this....? Or was it my own distinct pleasure to be exposed of "things to come" or is this just a "only in Oregon" kind of experience.

Any thoughts?!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW! I have never seen the MtoF or FtoM but I also don't get the "other" I guess if you were born a hermaphrodite and don't know what your are but crazy!!! I have a fabulous pediatrcian, not sure if they take OHP but let me know if this one doesn't work out. They are by Adventist hospital

The Neads said...

ok I am so glad that I live in Idaho and we get the last of the crap everyone else gets.. ha ha... can I just say YUCK

Puffer Love said...

NO WAY!!!! Liz...I have NEVER seen that one before! I guess the "Other" would be M to F to M or F to M to F because they have had to many procedures that everything is mess in that department! Steve's up at OHSU and they don't even have that one on their paperwork! good luck.
~Lizzy