“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Nine years....and counting!




Will ya look at us?!

This picture just happens to be the turning point in our relationship. LOL. No joke! Stann was my own personal lifeguard that day....and probably one of the things that made me come to love and respect him.
That and he's mighty impressive in his "flying squirrel" re-enactments. lol. I probably chose unwisely having him as a boat member - our boat quickly was the target of many an attack - as he and Aziz would fly out and yank people out of their respective boats. Hmmm. Maybe I did do good. No one yanked me out! lol.


Little known fact: Stann proposed to me dressed as a Catholic priest. I was dressed like Mary Katherine Gallagher. No joke. (Ten points if you can name where that's from! LOL).


Anyways....
We met on July 4th, 1999. We saw fireworks! Literally and figuratively. LOL.

We were engaged October 28th, 1999.

We were married in the Portland Temple on January 8, 2000.

Nine years. (sigh)



Gosh time's flown by so quickly!!!

It's been a pretty fun go-round I must admit!




We've seen some pretty amazing stuff happen in those 9 wonderful years! Good and bad...

We've said goodbye to some close friends....
Whether they've moved or passed away...




We got to cheer our SeaHawks on (Go HAWKS!) at the play-offs...

THAT was a memorable Anniversary!!

We were blessed with 2 beautiful boys....(Some days I think I may even want a third...!)


We've had 6 cars we've said good-bye to....4 different residences (all in Oregon I might add)...


We've played hard....Laughed hard....and loved each other thru it all.
I'm so glad we've gotten this far!



And I can honestly say....



I wouldn't want to go through it with anybody else!


Love you Hunky Hubby.

Happy Anniversary!!!

6 comments:

The Neads said...

So cute.... it is fun being married to your best friend... I can relate.. I think everyone should.. happy to you

Chris and Laurie said...

It doesn't seem so long ago when Katie and I were helping with your wedding announcments at your moms kitchen table... And Katie joked around about Stann's "pirate shoes..." =) Congrats!!! and I had a great Christmas... It looks like yours was pretty fun too. I Love Christmas time....

Jacks said...

Congrats. Thanks for posting all the pictures. I missed out on all of that. And I was always wondering when you got married. We got married shortly after you - so we were living parallel lives:)

I loved the history.

Sheri said...

Happy anniversary! Wait until it's forty years or more then you really appreciate being married to your best friend.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! It's really fun to see the pictures of you and stann from long ago :)

Kelly said...

Congratulations. With all you guys have been through it seems like longer. You're an awesome couple I hope you have a great day and can really celebrate!