“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Friday, January 16, 2009

2009 Bookworm Bunch Picks

I'm really excited about this years bookclub picks! :D (FYI: I'm in a bookclub, for some of ya'all that don't know that - made up from a bunch of ladies in my ward, 'tho not affiliated in any way with the church!)

Just thought I'd post the list of what we'll be reading this year...!

JANUARY - The Blue Castle by LM Montgomery

FEBRUARY - Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

MARCH - Anybody Any Minute by Julie Mars

APRIL - The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas

MAY - These is my words by Nancy Turner

JUNE - Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason

JULY - Hear the wind blow by Downing Hahn

AUGUST - The Book Thief by Marcus Zusac

SEPTEMBER - A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly

OCTOBER - Persuasion by Jane Austen

NOVEMBER - Autobiography of Santa Claus by Jeff Guin

DECEMBER - No reads. Too hectic during this part of the year to even try!! :D

ALSO on making my list to read and/or re-read this year:

Eight Cousins or the Aunt Hill, Rose in Bloom - Louisa May Alcott
Little Women Series: Little Women, Little Men, Good Wives, Jo's Boys - LM Alcott
Anne of Green Gables ALL the books....especially Rilla of Ingleside.... - LM Montgomery
The "Emily" books by LM Montgomery...
The Host - Stephenie Meyer
Twilight Series (When DON'T I read these??? LOL) - Stephenie Meyer
Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets - Shannon Hale
Princess Academy - Shannon Hale
Austenland - Shannon Hale
Pride & Prejudice - Jane Austen
Sense & Sensibility - Jane Austen
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas - James Patterson
The Bend in the Road - James Patterson
The Red Badge of Courage - Stephen Crane
As I lay dying - William Faulkner
The Chosen - Chaim Potek
Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
War & Peace - Leo Tolstoy
Our Town - Thornton Wilder
The Importance of Being Earnest - Oscar Wilde
Fever 1793 - Laurie Halse Anderson

These of course, being read in my "spare" time....LOL.

I especially recommend, for those of you that have not yet had the chance to read them, ANY of the Shannon Hale books, but if you want a funny, quick read, start with Austenland. I was in hysterics the first time I read it.

You're welcome to steal ideas from my list, or e-mail me whatcha thought of the books. A lot of them are classics....Hope you enjoy! :D

2 comments:

Jacks said...

Based on your list, you would really like I Capture the Castle. You've probably already read it. If not, throw it to the top of your list and you will discover a new favorite.

Nicole said...

oooh, that sounds like a fun book list. i'm so proud of myself because i actually finished a book yesterday, yay! still trying to figure out how to find time to read with 2 little boys :). anyways, it's called "The History of Love" by Nicole Krauss and it was really good!