“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Updates as promised!

Okay....it's been awhile. I've been going every which way - except upstairs to my computer.

So here are some updates....


*Matt & Josh....still precocious as all get out.


*Been sewing like a mad woman. Getting a few projects of my own done for Christmas - shhhh don't tell my kids but they're getting blankets for Christmas! ;0)




*Been sewing a few projects with my Mom for Christmas....for my SIL's and Sisters.....turning out really cute so far. :) Will post pics as soon as I know they're not looking....!






*Helping Michelle sew her curtains...FUN! :)



*Re-reading Twilight series again. (sigh. Ah Edward Cullen, you are a rascal! You're right up there with Mr. Darcy, Tom LeFroy and Gilbert Blythe....)


*Went to the midnight showing of Twilight. Exceeded my expectations in some parts....other parts were pretty hokey. (EX: Edward "holding" his breath in the science lab.....Mr. Robert Pattinson, you are cute, but a tad bit over-dramatic in that scene!)


*Joshy just turned 2! Hooray and Whaaaa! :( I'm losing my baby! Most days this sentiment is forgotten as I pull my hair and and cry because of the impish things he and his brother have managed to do to my clean house....

EX: YESTERDAY. 7AM, Matt was upstairs playing quietly in the Playroom. Josh downstairs sleeping on the couch like a log. I checked the downstairs: Fridge locked, door locked & bolted, Joshy somewhat coma-tose on my couch. I told Matt if he needed me, I'd be in the shower and kept my bedroom door open so he could come get me. I was gone 7 minutes. I showered, dressed, brushed my teeth and was ready to greet the world a happier, cleaner, Liz. During that 7 minutes, they'd broke all my eggs, emptied a 2 ltr of Pepsi onto the floor, 1 large container of salsa, 1 bottle soy sauce and unrolled 1 roll-out pie crust....I'll spare you what else happened in time out. Needless to say, I did not beat them, as I still have custody of my children. (Ha, ha) But I told Matt and Josh - they needed to hurry up and help me get them dressed and quickly....I had to go hurry and get out of the house.

Why, you might ask? Because I wouldn't be able to beat my children in public.

Laugh at me if you must. But more than one outing away from our home has saved my childrens hineys....


I was amazed at how quickly Joshy picked up "blowing out the candles". He did it all by himself! :)



He became the proud owner of more "Little People" toys....(his pick).

We had a fun time with the family there...aside from Matt's biting incident at the Mac's side of celebration.


I must note here: At the Hammies side...the cousins knew enough to bite back. Atta girl Emma!!! Way to keep Matty in line! Your Mama & Daddy have trained you well. ;) Thanks Kim & Mike...


*I re-sewed curtains for my kitchen. I think they turned out cute. I'm kinda goin' for a "french country' theme in my kitchen....complete with roosters. I don't know what my fascination is with the look...but I love it.








*And last but not least....HALLOWEEN. Halloween was fun. Boys did great! We avoided the major meltdowns by hitting the member's houses FIRST in our neighborhood (members of the church in our ward), then we did half the block behind our house and headed home.

*Matt LOVED being "Spider-Matt".

*Joshy was annoyed with the Chewbacca hat. But he was a good sport and people thought he was cute. Cuz he is. :)



(Like my poser grin?)


*TWILIGHT PROM....Mel and I were supposed to go to Twilight Prom. Didn't happen. I really, really wanted to go...but I was so sick from staying out the night before (midnight showing) and when I got home, Stann and Josh were up on the couch. Stann had forgotten to give Josh his medicine and Josh was WIRED. I didn't get to sleep until after 4 AM. Just in time to get up at 6 AM, to go to Matt (Stann's BF since 1st grade)and Jane's wedding - at the Multnomah Courthouse in Downtown Portland. I got home, just in time for the kids to wake up. I don't know about you guys - but when I am tired, I get "sick" as in sick to my stomach....can't function.


So....anywho, Mel and I went and picked up our goody bags. My pics didn't really turn out. :( But it was still fun driving to Corbett (we beat the buses by 20 minutes) and I really, really wanna go back and stay the night there. It really did look like the scenes in the movie. (sigh...)


*Lastly...I've been movin' and shakin' with writing my book. To quote one of my friends I've been "throwing crap on the page", but it's been working. I just wish I could schedule more time each day to write, without being too neglectful of my family. :( I'm really, really wondering what I have to do for Santa in order to get a laptop....


More thoughts on that later. (Pull your minds out from the gutter).


That's it. Kind of. Add in a few psychotic episodes on my part, a few more from the kids....and you've pretty much got the sum of all parts in my life the past few weeks. Thank heaven for those small little blue pills that bring joy and happiness to all around me. Just kiddin'. Hope you all have a wonderful turkey day. :) Enjoying your families and Black Friday. I know I will! :)

3 comments:

Molly Jolley said...

Sounds like a busy week. your curtins are really really cute. love the kids costumes and i love the story about your 7 mins in the shower. its amazing what kids can do in such a short period of time. Thats so funny that you ran in to my sister at the adoption meeting. what a small world well hope you have a great thanksgiving

Kelly said...

Thanks for the updates, sorry the prom didn't work out but how about that movie. (yum) I love the pictures of the boys at Halloween and I really love you stories about their regins of terror. I love that your doing so many projects for Christmas just don't stress yourself out.

Mel said...

I have so much fun reading your posts! Cute photos of the boys and I have an obsession with French Country too. I just don't know how to get the look in my own house.
And I'm so glad you're writing. Keep it up! And I'll keep my fingers crossed for a new laptop for you.
Oh, and by the way, Isaac has been a crazy biter lately. He drew blood by biting his brother the other day. Of course, Eli probably deserved it. . .