“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, December 13, 2010

Stepping out of my zone...

Oh. My.

I did it. 

I stepped outside my comfort zone today.

I entered a couple of my family's favorite recipes, from one of my favorite family cookbooks (that I've tweaked and made my own over the years...) and I did it.  I know its silly to think I could win...but...I guess I could.  ;)

Note from self:  I very rarely win things.  I've won 1 baby shower game and 1 t-shirt at the Eclipse midnight showing. 

Those are my claims to fame.

But I entered 3 recipes: 1 entree, 1 appetizer, 1 dessert. 

We'll see how it goes.  I'm patting myself on the back though...for getting the gumption up to enter, and actually following through on a few of my more crazier trains of thought...!

(FYI: Grand Prize: $150 gift card to Fred Meyer's)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Good for you you can't suceed of you dont try and all those other cliche phrases. I hope you win, you deserve it!

Mandy said...

That's so exciting! I agree with Kelly, you have to give it a try, especially if you have a passion for cooikng! I hope you win!