“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ergh.

This new week doesn't seem to be starting out the way I'd hoped...

Stann's headed to Georgia for 5 days. {insert sob here}  He's on notice that if he goes to Paula Deen's restaurant, while down there - without me - I'm handing him divorce papers.  (not really...i'm overly dramatic - to a tee, but i will be madder than a wet hen...)

I've lost a $100 check.  {who loses that kind of money?! me. that's who.}  In my defense...I put it in a container on my dresser....but apparently...it had legs. 

And walked off.

Our Christmas tree is being simultaneously attacked by outside forces.  The cat.  Our boys.  Newest fun past-time:  throwing their airplanes into the tree - trying to knock it over - and - chasing the cat into the tree. 

This rain ain't helpin' a whole lot either. :/

And I just realized there's only 2 weeks 'til Christmas.  Sheesh!

I'm gonna go crawl into the bathtub, settle in there with a book, a coke, and I'm not comin' out until:

a) The weather changes.

OR

b) My check gets found and is waved in my face.  I don't even care if it's a "nyah-nyah" kind of wave.  And I promise to change my "tude" as soon as someone shows me the money!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Why is Stann going to Georgia? I hope you find your check! What was your new calling?

Melanie said...

You crack me up Liz. I hope your check was found. . .
Seriously, your blog is so entertaining. . . in a GOOD way! :)