“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bookclub Beach Trip

Just got home from the beach.

I was supposed to stay another day....but I couldn't!

I drank too much soda. :( Which caused some problems...because I then got sick! :P And I don't know about you guys....but if I'm sick....I want to be miserable in my own home. (I'm a wimp...I know it) but there you have it.

I'm now on my couch, with puke bucket nearby....ginger ale that I'm altenately sipping and a mug of peppermint tea; wrapped up in my oldest 'jama shirt and ratty old quilt....

But I'm happy. I at least got 1 day at the beach! And thank you again...Mary & Terry for letting me hitch a ride with you...I appreciate it so much...! I just don't do very well - when I'm sick and far from home... :(

I totally enjoyed everyones company at the beach....we had some awesome discussions - even some about the book ;) enjoyed a nice, long walk on the beach - low tide! :O

I picked up some shells for my boys (they're happy!) and I impulse bought a purse for the first time in a loooooong time. (THANK YOU AGAIN MINDY! You've got awesome taste and I'm soooo happy I decided to get it!) It was a 'fair' deal - I paid $24.30 for the purse; and found a pair of jeans at Eddie Bauer for $8.99 (ka-ching!) that are awesome!! They fit really nice - and are a "washed" kinda black color.

I was so glad I got to go this weekend. It was such a nice treat! :) Thank you again Lori for letting us invade your beach house and having such a great time!! Can't wait for next years trip!!!

0 comments: