“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I can't wait!!!

I seriously can't wait for Turkey Day! :D

Okay...so maybe it's not the turkey I can't wait for....it's the day after sales and stuff. :P

I've got a 26.41 lb turkey defrosting in my fridge as we speak, a 24 hour salad to make tomorrow night - I was going to make rolls but that got taken away from me....(okay, MIL insisted I not stress out - so she pulled rank and is making them. LOL) and I've made all the placards for the table....I found a killer deal at Bi-Mart for sparkling apple cider - 3/$5....Cheap, huh?! I've picked up all the paper products already - at Dollar Tree....and I've already planned my centerpieces.

I've spent $13.50 TOTAL on paper products AND decorations AND the cider. I'm pretty darn pleased with myself too! :D And, I know I say it...but eventually I will post pictures. As soon as I hog-tie Curt to my computer and say "FIX, Please!" :P

But all this is the precursor to BLACK FRIDAY and all that fun stuff. Not that our budget is huge by any means, but I just like to get out there. (I say that, until I have to deal with the other drivers and shoppers....) But I know I'll get seriously annoyed within the first 20 minutes - some random shopper will do some strange thing and tick me off....or some random driver will be a crazy driver and I will be given yet another chance to prove that I can be Christ-like and hold my tongue....

The angst. The excitement. The memory block.

Oh Thursday.....when will you get here?! :D

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Have fun Liz!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephanie McBride said...

Hey Liz. we wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Sounds like you are cooking up a storm as always. you always make the best tasting stuff :)
hope all is well. We are thinking of you all :) Happy turkey and shopping days to come.

Kelly said...

Have a great Thansgiving! Way to get the great deals and hoping you can hog tie Curt so we can get some pictures!