“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Couples Questionnaire

Okay...I've been tagged now by Calista AND Amanda, and I'm declaring "No tag backs!" LOL. And I only have a minute to spare in between loads of laundry so here goes....

This is kind of like the 25 things - except there are pre-decided questions and it's about you and your spouse, not just you.

♥ What are your middle names?
Alan and Anne

♥ How long have you been together?
We'll have been together 10 years on July 4th.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Ummm....not sure how to answer. We knew of each other when we were teens...we even sat on the same plane going to EFY (not that he talked to me...thanks for talking Benson!)....but we never officially 'met' until July 4th, 1999....and we were engaged by October 28th, 1999. You do the math.

♥ Who asked who out?
He asked me out.

♥ How old are each of you?
I robbed the cradle! (But he robbed the grave!) I'm 32 and he's 31.

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
His probably....But both sides of the familiy are 15 minutes away....so it's not 'cuz of proximity, and it really just depends on the day.

♥ Do you have any children together?
Yes! TWO BOYS!!! Karl Matthew is 3 and Joshua Elden is 2....

♥ What about pets?
We've had plenty of 'em...lets see, in total since our marriage began, 5 iguanas (Harold, Bubba, Buddy, Lucy & another one...?), 5 goats (Mama, Baby, Lucy, Suki & Garrapetto), 2 dogs (Brodie & Daisy), 20 fish (STUPID OSCARS EAT EVERYTHING!) and 4 cockatiels (Brodie the Bird, Andy, Bandit & Carter). I'm takin' a break and taking care of just humans right now.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
FINANCES. I'm scatter brained. (I admit it though!)

♥ Did you go to the same school?
Nope. Probably a good thing too. He says I was waaaay to Mollyish for him as a teenager. LOL. Whatever that means!

♥ Are you from the same home town?
Gresham and Boring. Close enough, I guess.

♥ Who is the smartest?
At what? Math, logic, and most sciences...Him. Hands down. English, literature and general useless information...Me.

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
Probably me.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Ummmm....that requires a babysitter most days....so I'll answer it this way...we hit the Taco Bell drive-thru a lot, IF we're eating out with the fam. When it's just us....we really like Joe's Crab Shack...or any seafood place. We both really LOVE seafood. But if it's a super-special occassion, we like the Skamania Lodge Friday night buffet. (Thanks Tara & Jerrod for introducing us!)

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah. Road trip AND flying.

♥ Who has the craziest exes?
Um....I have the MOST exes....but none of them are crazy?! that I know of. He didn't date a lot before his mish...and I did enough for both of us. LOL.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
STANN. Definitely Stann. But in his defense....he has a really long fuse.

♥ Who does the cooking?
I cook the majority of the time....but he really is awesome at helping out whenever he can....weekends especially, to let me re-charge for the week.

♥ Who is more social?
Stann. Believe it or not, it's still true. I'm really pretty shy and have to force myself to get out of my shell.

♥Who is the neat Freak?
TIE! He's just as anal about a clean house as I am. It IS true love! :D

♥ Who is the more stubborn?
Stann. I'm pretty easily persuaded most of the time.

♥ Who hogs the bed?
I say he does...He says I do. But seriously...he's bigger. I say him.

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
LOL. How to answer this when you have small children?! I wake up with the kids 90% of the time during the middle of the night (12am-4am) but he gets up and leaves for work at 6am.

♥ Where was your first date?
Arcadia Beach....

♥ Who has the bigger family?
I DO! :D I am one of 8, he's the oldest of 7.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
Not really. He does other things to get my attention and show his love.... :D

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Depends on which holiday....Memorial Day we go camping with my folks. 4th of July it's with his fam. Birthdays get split into two different parties for each side....Thanksgiving has always been held at our house, for his side, but we disappear to my side of the family for a few hours before his family comes over....And Christmas....we're still trying to figure out the best solution for that...now that we have small kids. We've been waking up, letting the boys open their presents and then hitting my family in the morning, and having his family over in the afternoon/evening.

♥ Who is more jealous?
ME. He's too stinkin' cute for his own good. And a flirt to boot.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
Okay here's the saga: We dated a couple of weeks, before I gave into peer pressure and dumped him for someone more "stable"...LOL. It only took 2 weeks of HIM dating MY friends for me to get jealous and get back together with him....soooo.....about a month? That sounds about right...

♥ Who eats more?
STANN. You should see the eating contests that happen in our home between him and his brothers. LOL.

♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
I do. He doesn't do laundry (and I quote) because "I undress funny" MEANING: I don't always straighten my clothes right-side out....I just throw them into the laundry basket and get them off of the floor. In my opinion...it's just an excuse. LOL.

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Probably him. It runs in his family....and if he can't fix it....Curt or Shaun can!

♥ Who drives when you are together?
Stann does the majority of the time. But we're both control freaks, so it's maybe 60/40.

3 comments:

Marci Jolley said...

That was a fun tag. I feel like I know so much more about you guys now. You are such a cute couple and have SUCH cute boys!!!

I am sure that you might have guessed by the tameness (is that a word) of the comment, but this is Marci, NOT SAM. :)

Selena said...

Way to kill two birds with one stone! Get your facebook tage done AND a blog post! Maybe I'll follow your lead...sometime :)

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing that was great stuff and just in time for Valentines. I'm glad you came to girls nite it was fun to hang out.