It's a full house tonight at the McNamee's! Stann and I have 5 children ages 4 1/2 (Emily), 3 (Ryan), 2 (Matt), 18 months (Nathan) and 14 months (Josh). Curt & Aimee are currently at the hospital awaiting the arrival of their newest baby (Katelyn Nicole McNamee). It's a sleepover or rather its supposed to be a sleepover - it's 11:27PM and I've yet to see an eye close....!
I just thought I'd escape and give everyone an update....(Who am I kidding? I just wanted to escape the jungle gym that used to be my living room!) I'm also waiting to hear if my cousin Laurie had her baby today yet....(her first).
While I'm waiting for these precious nephews and niece of mine, to fizzle out, I'm also taking the opportunity to start sketching the outline of a fictional story - that I'm toying with the idea of writing. Ever since I've read Stephenie Meyer's book - I've rediscovered my love for writing. (I actually used to be quite good and even have some awards to prove it! I dropped writing in H.S., as it usually drew unwanted attention towards myself...heaven forbid anyone thought I had a brain!) So, we'll see how it goes. I have to figure out what story I want to tell - I've got an overactive imagination - so I need to organize my thoughts...which will take time, during what precious little I've got already! So as they get more organized, I may be posting some of the outlines for feedback. I'm open for comments - just remember to keep 'em nice. Constructively nice. I'm the biggest chicken when it comes to putting myself out there! I realize I'm not going to be writing the great American Novel - wouldn't want to! But I betcha I could write a pretty good bathroom book! ;0)
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hey, i think you should go for it. i always thought you had a way with words. no kidding about a house full. your a good sister-in-law. anxiously awaiting your work!
steph
Post a Comment