We had the opportunity to accompany Stann on a business trip to Idaho Falls.
We loaded the boys up Monday night (6/25)
And were on our way!!
The way was smooth - we made it through the pass in good time...and into Idaho Falls by 10:30 am on Tuesday morning. When we came into town, we made a stop at the Army Surplus warehouse there...and WOW! My boys thought they'd died and gone to heaven!
I got the opportunity to hang out with my cousin Becca and her family in Mudlake, and then to go see my Aunt & Uncle in Victor. Talk about fun! I wish I'd taken pictures, but we were having too much fun playing with them! Thank you Keayen, Tally, Monika, Boston & J'den!! We loved meeting and playing with you guys!!
During the in-between day of hanging out with my cousin and her family...we stopped in Blackfoot to visit Stann's great-aunt Pat and her husband Boyd at Blackfoot Lake.
Can I just say one thing...?
WHY DON'T WE HAVE MORE OF THESE PLAY STRUCTURES IN OREGON?!
Seriously. 20 acre park. 5 structures about this size around. Lake near by. TOTALLY amazing. (and free! Take that Blue Lake!)
Around that time, the boys got sick. :( Can't leave a bathroom sick! That put a major damper on the vacation...but we still hung in there and finished strong!
We hit Tautphaus Park Zoo...
If you're ever in Idaho Falls...check it out! What it lacks in size, it makes up for in experience.
The boys found lots to look at and do...
Josh takes the tiger by the tail...like always!
We all wanted to get a ride...
One of the perks: The animals were pretty close! I'd never been so close to a lion before - in fact even though the lion couldn't get through, I found myself backing up!!! I was 20 feet away from him!! EEEK!
This little monkey was a funny fellow. He took a liking to Stann and Josh. He'd come and hang out by the window when they walked by. He flung poo and hit the glass at other people. I think it's because he knew kindred spirits when he saw them...
And before we left Idaho, we went to Yellowstone!
My first time in Montana AND Wyoming....
I've never seen such beautiful scenery....I definitely want to go back and camp or at least take a couple of days to enjoy the sights and sounds...
And who can stop at Yellowstone without a trip to Old Faithful?
Before it blew...
There she blows!
So many cool things to see that we'd never seen before!!
So much wildlife! Stann and Matt were 15 feet away from this elk....
The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone....
A quick family pic in front of the Canyon...upper falls.
The boys pulling funny faces....
Did you know Yellowstone has their own town? That's where the Park employees live! And if you go to the center of town...that's where a herd of cow elk like to hang out too!
Basically, we stayed in the truck for like 7 hours. Just looking at everything Yellowstone had to offer. Well...everything we could jam into that space of time...!
I also got to say hi to my Aunties and a couple of my cousins Sam & Laurie. :)
I also got to meet their kiddos! Yay!
We stopped by Multnomah Falls on the way home...
The boys wanted to climb. But it was 8:30pm and Mommy vetoed it!
Such a fun trip!! I can't wait to go again!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment