This is the post where I feel the need to explain why I lied...er...invented a new Batman. Why? I am sooo glad you asked.
(I'm folding clothes in the bedroom - next door to Matt & Josh. They're quietly playing Imaginext with each other when it happens.)
*Insert blood curdling scream by oldest son here* Me dropping laundry and running to their room.
Me: What the heck is going on?! Are you all right?
Matt: (incoherent sobbing)
Josh: (winding up to hit older brother)
Me: Well?!
Matt: Brother wants me to be the bad guy but I'm not the bad guy, I'm Batman!
Josh: No I the Batman! See?! (holding up what is indeed a gray/black uniformed Batman)
Matt: No, I'm Batman (holding up a white/blue uniformed version of Batman) See?! I'm NOT THE BAD GUY!
Josh: Yes you are!
Matt: No I'm not!
Josh: Are too! Are too! (getting ready to start spitting)
Matt: Am not! Am not! AM NOT!
Me: Hey! Listen up! You ARE BOTH BATMAN!
Matt: (looking at me strangely - like I'm dumb or something) You can't have two Batman's Mom.
Me: (looking back at him with eyebrow raised) Yes, you can. There are TWO Batmans. Did you know that?
Matt: (looking at me with new-found awe and wonder) Really?
Me: (not batting an eyelash) Yup. There's Arctic Batman; he's the white one and there's Gray City Batman. Arctic Batman fights the bad guys that try and mess with the polar bears - you know, like Captain Freeze or whatever his name is.
Josh: What does my Batman do?
Me: (lying inventing again) He fights in the Gray City. He teams up with the Arctic Batman guy.
Josh: Cool! See Matt? We both are Batmans!
Me: {muttering under my breath} Stupid super heroes.
And that is howI we do things in our house. I We lie invent things. Because:
A) there was no good outcome imminent
and
B) because we'd just cleaned their room and I was NOT prepared to clean upthe blood spilled carnage mess over stupid Batman.
(I'm folding clothes in the bedroom - next door to Matt & Josh. They're quietly playing Imaginext with each other when it happens.)
*Insert blood curdling scream by oldest son here* Me dropping laundry and running to their room.
Me: What the heck is going on?! Are you all right?
Matt: (incoherent sobbing)
Josh: (winding up to hit older brother)
Me: Well?!
Matt: Brother wants me to be the bad guy but I'm not the bad guy, I'm Batman!
Josh: No I the Batman! See?! (holding up what is indeed a gray/black uniformed Batman)
Matt: No, I'm Batman (holding up a white/blue uniformed version of Batman) See?! I'm NOT THE BAD GUY!
Josh: Yes you are!
Matt: No I'm not!
Josh: Are too! Are too! (getting ready to start spitting)
Matt: Am not! Am not! AM NOT!
Me: Hey! Listen up! You ARE BOTH BATMAN!
Matt: (looking at me strangely - like I'm dumb or something) You can't have two Batman's Mom.
Me: (looking back at him with eyebrow raised) Yes, you can. There are TWO Batmans. Did you know that?
Matt: (looking at me with new-found awe and wonder) Really?
Me: (not batting an eyelash) Yup. There's Arctic Batman; he's the white one and there's Gray City Batman. Arctic Batman fights the bad guys that try and mess with the polar bears - you know, like Captain Freeze or whatever his name is.
Josh: What does my Batman do?
Me: (
Josh: Cool! See Matt? We both are Batmans!
Me: {muttering under my breath} Stupid super heroes.
And that is how
A) there was no good outcome imminent
and
B) because we'd just cleaned their room and I was NOT prepared to clean up
0 comments:
Post a Comment