“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Midnight Showing...

Midnight showing report:

Movie: Excellent!
Company: Amazing!
Theatre: Could use a little help....!

This was an "OFF" year for them! :S

We went to the Paris Cafe, I had an amazing smoothie and then we headed over to the theatre to grab our place in line.

I also won a t-shirt. {LOL} Simply by answering Trivia questions about the movie. ;) {I am after all - the reigning QUEEN of USELESS information....}

I'm in awe of that (above) because I've never won anything in my life. ;)

We played a few hands of King's in the Corner, talked, read and kept ourselves occupied as best as we could during the 6 hour wait... ;)

However...my gripes:

* Sandy Theatre waited until 11:30 to begin seating everyone (showing was scheduled for 12:05am)
* The movie didn't actually start playing until 12:40 (!!!) and then ran into a few glitches - mechanical malfunction....(ergh!)
* Some of the staff were having an "off" day. I'm sure it's more to do with the fact that every seat was sold out - in 6 theatres....and some of the people weren't being very courteous and they had to deal with them....

But still....

The management came across as unprofessional. They should have stuck with their procedures that they used at New Moon. THAT went like clockwork.

However, the movie more than made up for it....The best one yet!!!

I think I may even have talked Stann into going with me....but if not....My mom and a neighbor have said they'll go too. :)

Good one-liner's....LOTS of action....my only comment about the whole Jacob/Bella thing....

Sooooo hard to take JACOB seriously....knowing it's "Lava Boy" on screen. ;P

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm with you..it was the best one yet. I loved it! I even caught glimpes of Lava Boy a few times too! Glad you enjoyed it and had a fun time. Way to go winning the T-shirt!