“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, June 21, 2010

Help NEEDED: Ideas

I need ideas.

No, let me rephrase that.

I NEED ideas!!

It has just dawned on me, that I am taking TWO (2!) children under the age of 5 on an extended car trip to Utah.

Oh, and an 80+ Gigi to boot.

During the day. Not the night...where they might be able to sleep - but during the day. THE DAY....

Does anyone have any great ideas or tricks that have worked for them in the past while traveling long distances, cooped up in the car (and their carseats), things that might {possibly!} save us from wanting to 'do away' with our young, while we travel the plains?! (ha, ha - it'd never happen...but lets not tempt fate...)

My Mom-in-law gave me the idea to have small "presents" to unwrap every hour, on the hour, to hold their attention.

I am also bringing a portable DVD player/TV that can be plugged into our van....because...YES...we're taking my van.

And a reminder here....these are not your average kiddo's. They are fair-to-burstin' with excess energy...on a GOOD day.

So, any and all {help!} or suggestions, would be GREATLY appreciated.

Probably more than you know - or that I could even express!!

I have 2 weeks to get things together, organized, packed and ready to go. ;) This may seem like plenty of time to ya'all....but for those of us with OCD {like me}....it just means I'm 2 weeks unprepared!! {LOL}

So....HELP!!!!

0 comments: