“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm jaded.

Why can't what people are on the INSIDE show through to the OUTSIDE?

Not to say I'm losing faith in all of humanity....but think of all the drama we could spare ourselves if you could actually see what was in someone...?

I think I'm jaded even.

I'm tired of the drama - feeling like I'm back in high school even upon occassion. And I seriously feel too old for this stuff. I'm half tempted to start a fad - I'll wear a label on my chest - one that will let everyone who sees it - know just what kind of a person I am. Just so there's no wasting of their time. Or mine.

I think it might read something like this:

30 something, wife, mother of 2, who speaks her mind, but tries to be kind about it. Not interested in popularity games - or being an unwitting player in a one-sided competition. Want friends who are okay with me just being ME.

Or maybe I should put out a want ad:

"Seeking friends that mean what they say, say what they mean and leave little room for any error in between."

Not sure that it would necessarily work, but it's a nice thought.

Oh well. It's just a Monday rant anyways.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I totally agree, aren't we old enough to be past all the lame high school stuff. By the way I like you just the way you are and I like the way you speak your mind and you are always kind about it.

Melanie said...

Oh gosh, this is such a great post. I've always hated games and I can't stand when people are disingenuous. I really like the idea of labeling ourselves. Just put it all out there.
Hey, we can wear our labels together! I'd totally do it.
And I'm with Kelly. I love the way you speak your mind. There isn't anything phoney about you and it's one of the things I appreciate most.