Quick TRUE Story...from today....
You ever just have a DAY?! Or in my case it was like 15 minutes, out of an otherwise perfect day...But like, THE WORST 15 minutes ever? That was me. Today. After a wonderful day at North Fork Reservoir. Stann was due to be at the church to meet for the Scout overnighter with the boy scouts - and was taking Matt, so I only had one mischievous child to look after and stress about tomorrow at the Robertson's Family Reunion.
So I'm scrambling around packing clothes, diapers, while Stann packs for himself, and changes into pants - as it's probably not going to be the 91 degrees it was here today - up on the mountain....(precursor...I've asked Stann to make sure the doors are shut...the boys get into EVERYTHING in our rooms and the bathroom, and have now figured out how to finagle the dresser DRAWERS OPEN). So, I'm running around in the kitchen packing up Stann and Matt - trying to NOT stress - so I can relax and enjoy a semi night off....when Joshua comes roaming into the kitchen holding an empty container of um, well, some personal stuff (KY) - if you can follow my meaning...that I had just bought. He'd muscled our old dresser drawer open (no rails on them, people!!! It took serious muscle!). I look behind him, and he's DUMPED the whole NEW bottle and made a trail from my bedroom, to his bedroom, through the hallway and living room and into the kitchen.
Now, luckily for me, its water soluable, but FYI....it is still a big pain the ARSE to clean up!!! Now, you have add in the next few factors....#1 Stann and I are RUNNING around the house packing, #2 Murphy's Law and #3 Stann's a big man, and if you remember the saying, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall....", it will lead you to factor #4 Said saying is TRUE.
It was a fall that was heard 'round the house. I seriously thought he'd fallen through the subfloor when I heard him fall! Luckily, no damage done, but to his pride, and, well, his butt.
My 15 minutes though??? The 15 minutes it took to clean those areas. Yuck.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh my goodness... that is so funny... That would be a horrible mess... If we ever get up on your direction we'll totally take you up on your offer... Thanks... I hope Stann's Butt is felling better... HE HE HE!!!
Ha. I heard about that. Tell you're kid to stay outta the KY until he's way older. Lol. And yes, My sunburn is absolutely terrible... I have blisters on top of blisters. I really wish they'd pop. ='[
Post a Comment