Saturday we went birthday shopping for Matt at Toys R Us.
I'm always worried about giving kids enough space to be independent - while making sure they're in my line of sight. Joshua decided to play with the umbrellas and when I asked him to return it so we could go check out...he ran away. It then progressed to - "Run away from Mommy" and then to "Hide and Seek" only....he didn't okay it first.
I managed to stay calm....when the sales staff saw me walking around looking and calling for Joshua, they were right on the ball. They immediately asked if they could get a description and then put out a 'Code Adam'.
Ever been in a store when a "Code Adam" is called? You really don't ever want to.
No one goes in. No one goes out. 4 or 5 employees are posted by each entrance and they manually shut the doors. All the employees pull out their walkie-talkies. Bless them...they take it very seriously! Anyone having been on the end of having the missing child....surely knows what I mean!
Five minutes later...We found Joshua. We left right away...having taken all the excitement we could from the store. But what a scary few five minutes....! They seemed so long!
**
Now...Today is Matthew's birthday. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to transfer from David's camera...as we've still not bought a replacement.
We've now progressed to age 6. He needs two hands to show how old he is. :) He's about 4' tall. :) {LOL} This birthday was all Army/Tool centered...as the pics will show!
Happy Birthay Matty...! We're so glad you're a part of our family!!!
I'm always worried about giving kids enough space to be independent - while making sure they're in my line of sight. Joshua decided to play with the umbrellas and when I asked him to return it so we could go check out...he ran away. It then progressed to - "Run away from Mommy" and then to "Hide and Seek" only....he didn't okay it first.
I managed to stay calm....when the sales staff saw me walking around looking and calling for Joshua, they were right on the ball. They immediately asked if they could get a description and then put out a 'Code Adam'.
Ever been in a store when a "Code Adam" is called? You really don't ever want to.
No one goes in. No one goes out. 4 or 5 employees are posted by each entrance and they manually shut the doors. All the employees pull out their walkie-talkies. Bless them...they take it very seriously! Anyone having been on the end of having the missing child....surely knows what I mean!
Five minutes later...We found Joshua. We left right away...having taken all the excitement we could from the store. But what a scary few five minutes....! They seemed so long!
**
Now...Today is Matthew's birthday. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how to transfer from David's camera...as we've still not bought a replacement.
We've now progressed to age 6. He needs two hands to show how old he is. :) He's about 4' tall. :) {LOL} This birthday was all Army/Tool centered...as the pics will show!
Happy Birthay Matty...! We're so glad you're a part of our family!!!
1 comments:
awesome.. we have lost our kids many of times.. I am sure that will not be the last for you.. haha
Post a Comment