“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Saturday, December 13, 2008

What am I gonna DO with this boy?!!!!

The title is pretty self-descriptive.

This boy (MISCHIEF aka Josh) has been giving me fits lately! Please understand...I love my sons. Both of them. I happen to think, that if I actually manage to get thru the toddler years of my boys with my hair still in tact upon my head, it'll be a freakin' miracle.

During the past week he has managed to:

*Dump a full bottle of syrup onto our NEW carpet on the stairs.

*CLIMB (without use of aid or device) INTO THE KITCHEN SINK and flood said sink and my kitchen.

*CLIMB up my kitchen cupboards (again with no stool this time) to get into the knives. It took both Stann and I together to quickly and quietly corner him before he could do damage to himself, his brother or my house.

*Took a header off of the couch, because he was diving head first from the coffee table into the couch, and he missed. Obviously.

*He has been SOLELY responsible for breaking 11 Christmas ornaments that once were on my tree....(I tell you, I ought to make a widget for this!!)

*Ran barefoot, half-naked out into the street, while we were being deluged with hail. (As I was quickly putting the garbage out - gosh my neighbors must LOVE me!)

*Empty my drawers of all clean kitchen towels, dishrags, etc., and then pour the contents of his milk bottle onto them - thus causing another pile of laundry to appear.

Sadly enough, my list goes on for this week....

I'm not sure if I should be proud or appalled! You will never seen a child move as quickly as Josh does. I can't leave him alone. Ever! And I can't begin a task (after I've put him down for a nap) until I hear him sleeping....otherwise, I get "surprises"!

Stann and I have talked. We think this child may be meant for espionage. LOL. That's said a little tongue in cheek if you couldn't tell. His sense of timing is impeccable. He's fast. He's a whirlwind of activity. He has amazing logic/reasoning skills for a 2 year old. (He can figure things out quickly). He also has amazing fine and gross motor skills. He does things a 2 year old should never be able to do!!

Move over Dennis the Menace....Josh the Mischief Maker will be putting you to shame in approximately......

Oh crud. I heard something crash. I gotta go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds crazy! I hope you end can get throug this year with all the hair on your head and a tree full of ornaments :)

Kelly said...

It a good thing he's so cute! He sure had been busy, gotta love those 2-year-olds. Just think there could've been two of him(twins). He'll probably be an engineer or a doctor or something (or a criminal, JK).

Liz said...

Kelly, I think you just gave me a permanent "twitch" at the thought of TWO of him...! LOL.

Kaspermania said...

I think he's darling!
Just love him! And you better watch him closely and teach him!
I'd hate to see the house burn down!!

Stephanie McBride said...

wow, thats one busy two year old! i was too, reeling at kelly's comment. good thing there is one of him!
happy holidays! we so didnt get out a christmas card this year but we are thinking of you all!
fun to see you at the zoo lights. i bet the kids loved the lights :)
check nate out sporting a "stache".
Merry christmas Liz!
love the mcbrides