“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Matt and the Cat

This past Sunday morning, we were getting ready for church and we had the silliest conversation about salvation - that I've ever had. But it was important to Matt....so I have to write this down....and share:

Matt hopped up on Stann's & my bed and while Stann and I were finishing up getting dressed for church. He then asked Stann a question which made me laugh (and at the same time, take pause).

Completely serious, Matt turns to Stann and asks

"Dad, is the cat coming with us to church?"

Stann says "No, Matt. The cat stays home while we go to church."

Without missing a beat, he says

"Okay. But he's gonna have to stay home and think about Jesus ALLLLLL DAY."

I just had to laugh....but he was so serious!! He was so worried about the cat's salvation - on one hand I'm glad he's "getting" the fact that its important we go to church and learn more about Jesus (!!) and on the other....well...


It just makes me feel like I'm doin' my job right! {Regardless of how funny the idea of a cat at church is....!}

0 comments: