“As you create a home, don't get distracted with a lot of things that have no meaning for you or your family. Don't dwell on your failures, but think of your successes. Have joy in your home. Have joy in your children. Have joy in your husband. Be grateful for the journey.” ~ Marjorie Pay Hinckley

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The time just flew.....SEPTEMBER Updates

I've been a naughty blogger again.

I haven't been anywhere exciting.....or even doing anything fun or spectacular....

I've been hanging out at home. Going a little stir crazy....but nothing too major. I've just not ventured upstairs to do anything (aka...getting on the computer) the past few weeks....I've been going crazy getting some "games" made for the boys.

I get pretty single-minded on my tasks at hand....(I get that from my Dad) and I pretty much have tunnel vision - and see nothing else besides what I've set my mind to - until the task gets done. (With the exception of writing...{sigh}...I wish I had MORE time for that, but motherhood seems to be always interrupting with one thing or the other....!)

So here's a re-cap of the past couple of weeks....

* Still haven't fixed my computer - can't upload any of my photos yet. :(

* Matt went to school! Hip-hip, HOORAY! :D He takes the bus every Tuesday and Thursday - and I am left behind with a screaming Joshua, who wants to go too. (Who then screams and throws a fit for a 1/2 hour after Matt's left - before he'll even talk to me. He also instigates fights between himself and Matt - once Matt gets home - because he's angry brother got to go....) I sooo can't wait for November!! Momma's gonna get 2 1/2 hours to herself!!! {giggle}

* I have turned out 6 laminated folder games that teach the boys everything from ABC's, numbers & counting, colors, word of wisdom, Bible stories, transition books, prophets from the scriptures....stories, etc., you name it, I've been coloring, pasting, laminating and going thru 12 yds of sticky back velcro. Just call me Molly-Mommy. :D

* I now have 100 lbs of raspberries and strawberries that I'm getting ready to make into yummy homemade jams and jellies. :P Freezer jam for the strawberries and cooked red raspberry jam. 'Nuf said. It's gonna be gooooood!!

* Stann turned 32! :O Yup, Hunky Hubby has finally caught up (for the next 6 months anyways...and is now only 1 year younger, instead of 2. lol.) We had a fun birthday party for him with the Mac Fam, over here...we BBQ'd (we're still enjoying some completely un-Orygun like weather - still in the 80's and 90's....! With NO RAIN!) had some yummy treats and then for his birthday - he got $$ which he promptly decided to spend on the Beatle's Rockband. :D FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAM! We then had Curt & Aimee over for Family Night - Hunky Hubby taught a quick lesson on the blessings music brings into our lives, we let the kids run around outside while we hooked up the guitars & mike's and then sang ourselves hoarse to some of our more fave Beatle's hits. :D SIDE NOTE: I am thoroughly appalled at Curt & Aimee's lack of Beatle's knowledge. They didn't know they were the band that had sung "Twist & Shout". Seriously. We are now endeavoring to enlighten their musical knowledge. ;D

**2nd Side note about this: All our kids were running around - then when we started singing (okay more like Stann and I), they wanted to play. I then broke out the 1 toy guitar we have, toy keyboard, tamborine, and then got inventive and gave the kids' some wooden spoons and kid-size brooms. Gotta love the "play" version of the air-guitar. :P Brought back quite a few memories of me and my sista's. LOL. Usually to Barry Manilow's Copa Cabana. Gotta love the visual that brings up....

* Said "Bye" to Stann for a couple of week long intervals, while he traveled to Tonasket, WA...and I single parented it. I tip my hat to any such parent. 'Cuz those weeks STUNK!!

* Nearly had a nervous breakdown trying to track down my brother. Mom & Dad are hunting in the Ochoco - brother got two jobs - and I nearly went crazy trying to find out where he was. (He's been depressed and it scared the BEJEEBERS out of me!!) I let my imagination run wild until Sarah & I were able to track him down.....!

* Setting up playdates & having interviews, conferences, etc., about my boys' education and behavior. Also met with an Occupational Therapist who was able to give me some sound advice on exercises we can do with our boys to help calm them down. :D Am looking forward to seeing the results in a couple of weeks...!

* Am seriously feeling the urge for another baby. I know, I know, someone needs to check my brain and see if its damaged....I've got a lot on my plate, trying to deal with the boys' emotional, developmental and physical needs....and yet, I still think there's one more baby that needs to come to our home. I'm now currently praying that if there is, they'll get to us [Oh I hope it's a girl!!! I don't want to be outnumbered for the rest of my life!!!] and if not, that I'll have the courage to accept Father's will and be happy with just my boys. :D And in the meantime, if someone, somewhere, knows of a baby that needs a home.....I'm hoping they'll mention us. 'Cuz, that's seriously the way it happens, people. Word-of-mouth, goes waaaaay quicker than the agencies!!!

That's the stuff I can mention. :D Actually, that's all the stuff I can think of. My interaction with the neighbors did not go too hot. The guy that owns the house is really receptive - apologetic, the wife....not so much. Think Mama Bear being confronted about her cubs. Not pretty. :(

I'm still fasting and praying for them. A change of heart. Or living conditions. I'll take either. Just as long as no more creepy-crawlies come to my door.

Hooray for September!! :D

4 comments:

The Neads said...

Wow you go Molly Mommy.. I am proud of you.. jams and jellies and making all those things for the boys.. good for you.. I wish we lived closer, so I could see you guys..

Mindy, Evan and Davis said...

you are amazing liz! you forgot to add that you have been a great friend and keep even busier by doing huge acts of service, thanks again by the way!

It will be joshuas turn for school soon! yea.

Kelly said...

Thanks for the recap...where'd you find the orginals for the folder games, I love those things! It sounds like things are going good, I'm jealous Josh's going to school so you'll actually have a couple hours to yourself!

Melanie said...

Awesome Liz! You've been a busy girl. Now, are you ready for some down (girl) time? :)
Thank you for the jam by the way.